[sword-devel] Versification

Daniel Blake danblake at tcdr.com
Sun Jan 27 14:17:18 MST 2008

Please know this is coming from someone who can't program his way out of
a wet paper bag after saying "hello" to it.  I also would like it known
that I am not belittling what has been done already.  Crosswire is doing
a fantastic job with Sword.  It is the only bible software I have
installed anymore.

Seeing as the hard coded versification scheme seems to be limiting many
areas of growth for Sword and it's possible uses, I was wondering if a
new versification method could be placed as a high priority.

Just a thought:
Is it possible to have the Sword library parse a text file with
different versifications defined in it?  If so, then a new line could be
put in the .conf files stating which versification was used.  I'm also
thinking that parsing versification from a text file would probably be
incredibly slow.  I just thought that it could be a way that anyone
could create a new versification for any use they needed.

Daniel Blake
The lurker