[sword-devel] Free Bible texts from the Catholic Bible Society (was Other Bible Texts)

pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 14:45:40 MST 2008

--- Eeli Kaikkonen <eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi> ha scritto:

> On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 pfgshield-freebsd at yahoo.com wrote:
> > The Catholic Bible Society Sword project is now dead.
> I'm sorry to hear that but what can we do, it's their choice. I don't
> understand what they can gain by not giving us the permissions. Or did I
> understood the situation correctly so that this was their reply?

They consider making their text available on a website is sufficient for the
purposes they want to achieve. I got the impression that they just don't want
to get into the trouble of checking with lawyers and assigning rights to anyone
else. (Yeah I know about Creative Commons)

I should mention that despite their name, I don't think they are directly
linked with the Vatican either; the Vatican and some Catholic websites removed
the Spanish translation of the Jerusalem bible from their websites due to
copyright issues!

L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la nuova Yahoo! Mail: http://it.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html