[sword-devel] Publication: a working processus?

Sebastien Koechlin seb.sword at koocotte.org
Thu Feb 14 14:51:29 MST 2008

On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 08:30:40AM -0800, Chris Little wrote:
> On Feb 4, 2008, at 6:54 AM, Sebastien Koechlin wrote:
> > FreMartin: Module Version 1.1 (2007-04-26)
> > FreCrampon: Module Version 1.0 (2007-04-28)
>
> We've discussed this a few times already, so search the archives.
> Releases don't happen until all of the major frontends support them.
> BibleCS is still at version 1.5.9, so no 1.5.10 modules can be released.
>
> Besides that, I haven't received any feedback on these modules, so
> they're going to sit there until I get around to doing my own testing.

Here is feedback, just ask!

I've done a quick revue using BibleTime 1.6.4 and Gnomesword 2.2.3 (included
in my Linux Ubuntu).

FreCrampon:

FreCrampon is using wrong char for apostrophe; it's U+60 (GRAVE ACCENT)
instead of usual single quote sign "'" U+27 (APOSTROPHE). Display is mostly
right for modern computers if font define this sign, but search will not work
and small/old interface will have troubles (palm, pda?).

French typography is not really good, some (uno-break) spaces are missing
before ";:?!", and some are added inside quoting. Gen.1.3 is
	Dieu dit : " Que la lumière soit! " et la lumière fut.
and should be
	Dieu dit : "Que la lumière soit !" et la lumière fut.

Some OCR errors too: End of Gen.1.16
	il fil aussi les étoiles
should be
	il fit aussi les étoiles
Gen.1.28
	poissons de là mer
should be
	poissons de la mer
In Mic.1.7, words are missing, (unfinished sentence). Mic.2.13 too.

OSIS tagging is well done except in 2.Sam, I have backslash before quotes:
	2Sam.1.3: David lui dit: \" D`où viens-tu? \" Et il lui répondit:
	\" Je me suis sauvé du camp d`Israël. \"

FreMartin:

Look really better. Typography is also wrong, using english rules instead of
french rules. But I did not seen any other error.

fremartin.conf is iso-latin encoded, and this result in a bad display for
"about this module" in both Gnomesword and BibleTime.

Shoudn't we have a wiki page for each translation to keep bug reports,
licences issues and so on?
http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/index.php/New_Modules does not allow this.

--
Seb, autocuiseur