[sword-devel] New SWORD website - update

jhphx jhphx at cox.net
Wed Dec 31 12:05:54 MST 2008

Troy wrote:
> ... deleted text...
> Maybe some wiki pages, like project blubs, can be automatically and
> regularly pulled from the wiki and saved on the 'static' site (I like
> the 'pulled' idea you mention because it keeps our site useful in the
> case of something rare happening, like the wiki not being available
> :)), and project owners can use wiki permission to delegate who can
> edit these.  The FAQs might be another great place for this.
>
> This gives wiki edit functionality, some control for project leads
> with wiki perms, and a sense of useful moderation and staticness for
> the main site.
>
> Now how?

My thought, which may not be practical, was to just capture the content
of a wiki page (not the menus and such) and filter it if necessary, then
use it to replace a file that is inserted inline to the code of the
static page. This way the style, and other features of the wiki and the
static pages do not have to be the same.

Jerry