[sword-devel] Open source German Volxbibel

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sat Dec 27 05:08:57 MST 2008

Manfred Bergmann wrote:
> AFAIK it is only NewTestament

The OT appears under work.

> ... and the transaltion is very, very modern.

"Odd" is probably the best description.

But, the print version is selling like ice cream on a hot summer day,
appears theologically correct (endorsements by a wide variety of
theologians), while chosing its very own approach to language.
> Some do not accept that as a translation of Gods word.

Paraphrase is a better term than translation and any "about" should
reflect this. It is no translation. But we do have other paraphrases,
and they do have their place.

> But still we could create a module from it.

Seconded.

Peter