[sword-devel] New website - installation instructions

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 21:49:09 MST 2008

> 2) $APPDATA\Sword (preferred location)
> 3) $HOME\.sword (this needs to be deprecated under windows in favour of the above - and it needs engine support added to look for the above)

GS uses this now, but would use 2) if engine support was added.

GS uses ALLUSERSPROFILE\.sword, but we could probably change to Sword

> and maybe (under Vista, anyway - but not sure what the function of $PUBLIC is meant to be)
> 5) $PUBLIC\Sword
> The last two are very likely to be read only under Vista at least; I don't think there is any central directory where all users can write to.

I don't know about $PUBLIC but under XP and Vista, ALLUSERSPROFILE is
writable by both normal user and administrator on my systems (although
I was previously under the impression that it wasn't writable on