[sword-devel] New website - installation instructions

Matthew Talbert ransom1982 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 21:49:09 MST 2008

> 2) $APPDATA\Sword (preferred location)
> 3) $HOME\.sword (this needs to be deprecated under windows in favour of the above - and it needs engine support added to look for the above)

GS uses this now, but would use 2) if engine support was added.

> 4) $ALLUSERSPROFILE\Sword

GS uses ALLUSERSPROFILE\.sword, but we could probably change to Sword

> and maybe (under Vista, anyway - but not sure what the function of $PUBLIC is meant to be)
> 5) $PUBLIC\Sword
>
> The last two are very likely to be read only under Vista at least; I don't think there is any central directory where all users can write to.

I don't know about $PUBLIC but under XP and Vista, ALLUSERSPROFILE is
writable by both normal user and administrator on my systems (although
I was previously under the impression that it wasn't writable on
Vista).