[sword-devel] Building GnomeSword on Fedora 10

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Dec 18 21:00:10 MST 2008

Hi!

Trying to build GnomeSword (latest) from source on Fedora 10.

i've downloaded, built, and installed Sword 1.5.11.

I unpack gnomesword, run ./configure, and here's what I get:

$ ./configure
checking for gawk... gawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking for GNOME... no

so, what is it trying to tell me in that last line? That I don't have
Gnome on my system? Balderdash! :) I surely do!

It appears to be looking for GNOME.pc in the pkgconfig data. There
isn't one, sure enough. But there isn't one on my Centos box either,
and it runs a Gnome desktop too.

What do I need to install to make this work? Or other required
incantations?

Thanks!
                      The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
                    keeping watch on the wicked and the good.