[sword-devel] Adding abbreviated names to the module conf file (was Re: isalnum(3) for i18n)

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Wed Dec 17 08:54:30 MST 2008

DM Smith wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I would like to lobby for a separator between the language code and the
> field name. I don't much care whether it is a prefix or suffix. While I
> understand that you are suggesting that we don't have a deAbbr or
> xxAbbr, I could see that it might be added some time in the future and
> with 3-letter codes and with differences in script (e.g.
> Traditional/Simplified Chinese), a separator makes it much easier to
> code for today.

FWIW I have received a huge file from SIL with French module abouts,
descriptions, copyrights etc for a number of their and our modules.

They did this translation for reasons I do not know fully, but it seemed
to have something to do with setting up their own SwordWeb instance.
Presumably the particular team uses French predominantly. I do not know.

Troy has a copy. Unless we incorporate my suggestion of arbitrary
localisable config-entries, this work appears to have been in vain.

It was not solicited, but came in the process of a SIL becoming
interested in our SwordWeb and wanting a French instance.

Peter