[sword-devel] Icon bar and redirects. (new website)

Daniel Owens dhowens at pmbx.net
Fri Dec 12 00:36:23 MST 2008

Peter,

I am really glad you're going at the website to make it more accessible
and usable (and up-to-date). This is excellent work.

I have been following the discussion and wondering if you could employ
another approach to listing software that would solve the icon bar
difficulties. Why not have a table on the main page listing each of the
applications along with icons for the platforms on which that
application runs. Have  separate table for mobile devices because they
are totally different, but the main table could have a column for
employing icons for Windows, Mac, and Linux, a column with an internal
link to a basic description (one application, one page), and finally an
external link to that project's website. That would keep things concise
but bring the casual browser to their desired application more quickly.
I've seen other pages that look like that, but I can't remember one off
the top of my head. I whipped up an example quickly, and I will send it
to you privately. It's just a though.

Daniel

PMBX license 1502