[sword-devel] [GnomeSword-developers] CrossWire website up and running

Tonny Kohar tonny.kohar at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 00:30:42 MST 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Jonathan Morgan <jonmmorgan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:
>> The software list are still quite long (but much shorter) and the
>> screenshots are still there. There are different opinions here regarding
>> the suitability of screenshots (i.e Troy thinks they should stay, others
>> think they should go) and I simply did not care enough to fight it out.
>> Once someone comes up with a cool idea on which all agree I will change
>> it. But just for the record - not everyone's icon is nice enough or
>> informative enough, so icons instead of screenshots are right now a
>> valid alternative (and then, some projects do not have icons)
>
> Another nitpick: If you are having screenshots, especially ones that
> look a bit small and distorted, I would expect clicking on them to
> give me an enlargement of the screenshot, not a completely separate
> website.  Not sure if my expectation is reasonable, but I doubt I'm
> the only one who thinks that way.
>
> And while the rest of the icons are fine, the Java one does not
> suggest Java to me (you probably want a coffee cup for that), nor does
> the web one suggest a web thing (I would say the best is an Internet
> Explorer e logo, like it or not).

Please careful with Java Logo (cup of coffee), long time ago it is
trademark of Sun and they protected it very well, some website get a
letter of trademark stuff because of that logo. Same with duke logo as
well.

I thinks it is best to check with sun/java regarding the usage of its
logo (duke or cup of coffee).
If I am not wrong (need verification) since last year, sun make it
easy to use those logo

In related to
- duke logo,  https://duke.dev.java.net/
  Good:) now it is bsd license, someone who have knowlegde of law
should see that site, whether it is permisable to use it.
- java logo, cup of coffee, java powered logo
  http://java.sun.com/logos/
  someone who have knowlegde of law should see that site, whether it
is permisable to use it.
  note: it is a bit complex because of many variations.

Important: I am not lawyer.

Cheers
Tonny Kohar
--