[sword-devel] [GnomeSword-developers] CrossWire website up and running

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 11 23:17:17 MST 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:
> The software list are still quite long (but much shorter) and the
> screenshots are still there. There are different opinions here regarding
> the suitability of screenshots (i.e Troy thinks they should stay, others
> think they should go) and I simply did not care enough to fight it out.
> Once someone comes up with a cool idea on which all agree I will change
> it. But just for the record - not everyone's icon is nice enough or
> informative enough, so icons instead of screenshots are right now a
> valid alternative (and then, some projects do not have icons)

Another nitpick: If you are having screenshots, especially ones that
look a bit small and distorted, I would expect clicking on them to
give me an enlargement of the screenshot, not a completely separate
website.  Not sure if my expectation is reasonable, but I doubt I'm
the only one who thinks that way.

And while the rest of the icons are fine, the Java one does not
suggest Java to me (you probably want a coffee cup for that), nor does
the web one suggest a web thing (I would say the best is an Internet
Explorer e logo, like it or not).

Jon