[sword-devel] CrossWire website up and running

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 14:34:03 MST 2008

David Haslam wrote:
> Why do we have things like this in the middle of sentences?
>
> " Bible Technologies Conference (http://www.bibletechnologies.org) "
>
> rather than a properly named external link with a hidden URL?
>
> "  http://www.bibletechnologies.org/ Bible Technologies Conference  "
>
> The URL would show in the browser status bar when the mouse is over it.
>
> These sort of things abound in the site, and also in the wiki. It makes some
> of the pages look rather 1990s. Do we think people often print webpages? Was
> that the original reason?

On my Mac, running Safari, I don't have a status bar. I have to hover to
get the URL, if the tag does not have alternate text (not sure if it is
the alt or title attribute). It probably is some kind of preference that
I have never bothered to look for.

I don't have a strong opinion on whether to show the URL.

In Him,
    DM