[sword-devel] CrossWire website up and running

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 13:59:09 MST 2008

Manfred Bergmann wrote:
> Am 11.12.2008 um 21:13 schrieb Peter von Kaehne:
>

>>> If we have a Java section, I'm not sure all the java programs should
>>> also go into all the other groups, as well.  I'm not sure what I
>>> think
>>> is best.  But if the Java apps do go under all the other groups, they
>>> should not have higher visibility than apps directly written for the
>>> platform-- like MacSword.
>>>
>> Once GS, BPBible and BT are on Linux, MacOs and Windows, they will
>> also
>> go into all kinds of sections. So that is not a Java thing.
>>

> This might be nitpicking but even though Java, QT, GTK, wxWindows and
> TclTk may work without X on Mac, they are not considered "native"
> concerning applications with GUI. Only Cocoa is. Carbon is dying, too.

Maybe I wrong, but I thought that Java was one of the core frameworks on
the Mac. If I remember correctly, earlier Apple stated that they were
going to make Java into one of the ways of doing Cocoa programming.
Though with the last 2 releases of the OS they seem to be drifting away
from that.

Regarding Carbon, I think they are looking for a zero carbon footprint
:) (couldn't resist!)

That aside, I think under the Mac section MacSword should be listed
first. I was surprised about BpBible, as I didn't know that could run on
the Mac.

-- DM