[sword-devel] CrossWire website up and running

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 12:58:15 MST 2008

Ryan wrote:
>> need to find a solution as IE6  can not deal with transparency
>>

> I sent this yesterday but it seems to have been missed so here it is
> again...
>
> LOOK HERE -->  http://dean.edwards.name/IE7/      or the original site
> AND HERE  -->  http://code.google.com/p/ie7-js/   for the new site
>
> of a javascript library that can be easily included in webpages to make
> them look better in Internet Explorer, INCLUDING making it possible for
> IE6 to handle the transparent PNG images.
My 2 cents:

I'm not sure, but I think one of the implementation goals was to avoid
javascript for those users that turn off javascript.

I think that if including the library still leaves the page working
reasonably well for those users, then it could be considered.

The other consideration in using javascript is its download size. If
small then no big deal, but otherwise it may be.

In Him,
    DM