[sword-devel] CrossWire website up and running

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Thu Dec 11 12:36:27 MST 2008

Greg Hellings wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:
>>> Agree with the OS icons being jittery and needing to be made more obvious.
>> Not jittery anymore, but a nbetter solution which is IE6 firm needs to
>> be found.
>
> Honestly?  Do we really need to bend over backwards to support a
> browser that's about a decade old?  If it's a minor fix like the
> problems in CSS or your HTML you mentioned in the other thread, sweet,
> but how much work really needs to go into supporting IE6?

I think we should. IE6 is still far too common. Look at browser
statistics. (My VM with XP on Virtualbox is IE6.

>>> I'd like to see the banner and sidebar fixed and the content of the page
>>> scroll (without frames, iframes or javascript). I'll see what I can do,
>>> but don't hold your breath:)
>> That is easily done, but I would consider it a low priority. Remind me
>> if I have not come round to it after a time.
>
> If DM means fixed width, I strongly disagree.

He does not mean fixed width. He means fixed position. So if the main
content is too big - like in the FAQ the top menu and side menu remain
in place while you scroll up and down. Look at his example. 2 posts on.

> On the other hand, having it display beautifully on my iPhone right
> now makes me happy.

So it displays nicely on the iPhone? I am pleased.

Thanks for the feedback.

Peter