[sword-devel] New front page CrossWire

Ben Morgan benpmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 20:16:21 MST 2008

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 2:05 PM, Peter von Kaehne <refdoc at gmx.net> wrote:

> OK, now the frontpage is _really_ unwieldy.... ;-)
Looks much better, thank you.

I have listened to the various comments and have re-incorporated all
> sword applications but for the truly and irredeemably dead ones. I will
> find a solution for the Palm ones. I do think BpBible should stay in.
> Maybe we can convince them to upgrade their own rating-by-version-number?
The problem is not in BPBible ;)
BPBible's version numbering is consistent with other open source software,
which often starts at lower version numbers. When I get to version 1, it's
will probably be better than any other SWORD project software is now. And
I'm sure 0.4 sounds a lot better than 0.3 (33% better, I should think).
As has been mentioned before, Sword's 1.5.x has been received with
incredulity by some:

The interface is poor, and I personally do not think this is a version 1
product, let alone 1.5.9

LCDBible is truly and irredeemably dead. All new development occurs in
BerBible, which is freeware but closed source. I believe the author closed
the source as publishers (such as Nelson for NKJV) didn't like open source -
they thought it was too easy to pull the text out, I think.

I have changed the link to the volunteer page and redirected volunteers
> and developers straight to the wiki. The former volunteer.jsp is now a
> wiki page.
> Forums are linked to. Adding the link has led to doubling of traffic
> within minutes. Not sure whteher this was an artefact, but we will see
> in a few days.
> I am still freshing things up for a few more days and then will move on
> to proper redesign. If anyone else wants to have a go - feel free.
> Peter
 In case you hadn't noticed, GoBible has the dagger link at the bottom, and
is missing its graphic, as is Alkitab.

God Bless,
Multitudes, multitudes,
   in the valley of decision!