[sword-devel] Programmatic assigning of sword numbers

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Mon Sep 24 01:06:28 MST 2007

I think you should do it!  :)

We actually have a "Guess at Strong's" button on our KJV2003 tagging
tool.  It did pretty good and gave taggers a good starting place for
each verse, and DM, it's in JAVA! :)

http://crosswire.org/sword/kjv2003

Actually, the code is pretty trivial.  It just uses known KJV
translation phrases and frequencies to weight likely candidates in a
verse.  And like you have mentioned, since we know all the Strong's for
a single verse, and a single verse only has so many english words, the
options are narrowed significantly.

So, are you gonna do it? :)

	-Troy.