[sword-devel] sword updates

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Thu Sep 13 20:15:17 MST 2007

I've added a new method to the engine:

static map<SWModule *, int>
InstallMgr::getModuleStatus(SWMgr base, SWMgr other);

This method will compare two SWMgr objects and return the status of all
modules in 'other' compared to 'base'.  Status bits are as follows:

      MODSTAT_OLDER;
      MODSTAT_SAMEVERSION;
      MODSTAT_UPDATED;
      MODSTAT_NEW;
      MODSTAT_CIPHERED;
      MODSTAT_CIPHERKEYPRESENT;

There is a corresponding new option added to:
utilities/installmgr  -rd  --which will list all new or updated modules.

I attempted to reproduce:
http://crosswire.org/bugs/browse/API-79 which says that InstallMgr
cannot update a module.  I also remember having troubles with InstallMgr
loosing its head when downloading, but couldn't reproduce the issue
tonight by trying to update a module.  I tested with the engine compiled
to use CURL, and then also switch to FTPLib, and neither had troubles
updating the TR module on my box (many times over).  I ended up cleaning
some double '/'s noticed in some path names, and have committed my
latest code.

If anyone can reproduce this problem, please let me know soon;
otherwise, I am going to chalk this one up to a weird release of CURL or
something and close the bug as 'CANNOT REPRODUCE'.

Anyone try DM's latest NASB Lexicons in a sword frontend and see how
broken we are?  I noticed DM added some comments to one of those 2
similar bugs.
http://crosswire.org/bugs/browse/API-82
http://crosswire.org/bugs/browse/API-58

Anyone have a suggested patch?

Hoping we can knock these final things out for a weekend release,
	-Troy.