[sword-devel] New development on Mac

Manfred Bergmann bergmannmd at yahoo.de
Sat Sep 8 15:25:10 MST 2007

Hi DM.

Am 09.09.2007 um 00:15 schrieb DM Smith:

> Manfred,
> 	I'd like to suggest that we use a more Mac friendly location for
> modules than ~/.sword. The Mac way seems to be to put resources under
> ~/Library/Application Support. I'd like to suggest having the module
> directory be there and called Sword. Currently this is where
> BibleDesktop/JSword put modules.

Yep. It should be done according to the Apple style guidelines.

> Also, I'd like for modules to be installed in a more typical SWORD
> way. That is, the modules are stored in a library containing mods.d
> and modules rather than individually (as in KJV.swd containing its
> own mods.d and modules)

Well, in MacSword the "typical" SWORD installation of mosules was
also possible but you had to install them manually.
The module bundle (.swd) was just an additional feature. Whenever you
opened such a bundle, the main Sword manager module path had been
expanded.
Anyway, the new application will have a module installer which has a
fixed Sword module path under "~/Library/Application Support" but
will also able to read the .swd files.

Regards,
Manfred