[sword-devel] BibleCS 1.5.10pre4

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Fri Oct 26 17:15:58 MST 2007

Eeli Kaikkonen wrote:
> First, it's almost impossible to find a word entry. Try to find for
> example such basic word as "ballw". You cannot write it because it's
> greek. You cannot navigate inside the work, only scroll down one by one.
> And when you scroll to the place where ballw should be, it's not there.

It's a Greek lexicon, so the keys are in Greek and you need to type (or
paste or whatever) them in Greek. Input is an OS-issue, and I think most
modern OSes have some facility for input with varying keyboards. Windows
has the language bar built in. Keyman does an arguably better job at this.

Also, it's polytonic Greek, so you'll need to use a polytonic keyboard.
If you paste "βάλλω", you should get the work you're looking for (it's
there).

BibleCS's LD pane doesn't load the whole module at once, but you can use
page up/down for faster movement.

> Searching in LiddellScott does not work. The index can be created but
> the results are completely broken. It may be an encoding problem (well,
> now it bites you too...)

Yeah, it doesn't look like the search pane has been updated to display
UTF-8 keys at all.

The keys are interpreted as ASCII (I believe) and so when lookup is done
on them, they always return the first entry in the module.

--Chris