[sword-devel] GnomeSword 2.3.1 (Re: 1.5.10 Released)

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Wed Oct 17 18:38:01 MST 2007

Karl Kleinpaste wrote:
  > As for Chris' observation about single-point version numbers, that's
> news to me.  I don't see why such an arbitrary restriction needs to be
> in place, and if it's genuinely policy, then someone had better have a
> chat with the folks at bible.org, because their repository's NET modules
> are version 1.0.1.  There's nothing about a double-point version stamp
> that keeps anything from working; it seems a needless restriction.

CrossWire has never release a module with a version number in a format
other than "[1-9].[0-9]". Regarding the Version number, the .conf spec
says the following:

Gives the module's revision number. Incrementing it when changes are
made alerts users of the SWORD Installers to the presence of updated
modules. Please start with version 1.0 and increment by 0.1 for minor
updates and by larger values for more major updates such as a new text
source. Changes to this conf file should also increment the version
number. Do not use non-numbers, such as 1.4a or 1.1.3.

--Chris