[sword-devel] .conf files encoding/tags

Karl Kleinpaste karl at kleinpaste.org
Sat Oct 6 15:58:45 MST 2007

Chris Little <chrislit at crosswire.org> writes:
> My rule is to only increment the version number if downloading a new
> copy changes something for the user. Metadata changes don't affect users.

Certainly they do, which is why I mentioned BAO in particular.  The lack
of a version increment means that users will not learn that the new .conf
now contains metadata which affects whether the module will be seen in
module lists that are specific to newly-defined module categories.

The only reason it might not matter for BAO at this moment is because
it's been in beta purgatory for nearly a year and only sword-devel sorts
of people have installed it.