[sword-devel] .conf files encoding/tags

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 6 09:13:39 MST 2007

I have just surveyed all the module on the CrossWire server for \[a-
z] to find usage, rtf codes and errors. Here is what I found:
\par and \pard
	(very common)

	(continuation at end of line. very common. Earlier thread suggested
avoiding it's use as it is unnecessary.)

	(only in alt, chincvs, chincvt, chiun, dutsvv, gerelb1871,
gerlut1545, ylt and 6 beta modules)

\i ... \i0
	(only in chamarro, zhenglish, zhanzi and zhpinyin)

\b ... \b0
	(only in zhenglish, zhanzi and zhpinyin)

\cf6 ... \cf0
	(only in chamaro)

\uddddd? and \u-ddddd?
	(in chincvs, chincvt and the beta turntb)

	(only in alt. Looks like a bug)

I also noted that the RTF construct of { ... } is not present, as the
{ and } are not present in any conf.

The wiki on the conf (http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/index.php/
DevTools:Modules) lists the fields that currently have RTF.

Are there any we should fix (e.g. \the), change/replace (e.g.
\uddddd) or eliminate (e.g. \b, \i)?