[sword-devel] .conf files encoding/tags

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 6 09:13:39 MST 2007

I have just surveyed all the module on the CrossWire server for \[a-
z] to find usage, rtf codes and errors. Here is what I found:
\par and \pard
	(very common)

\
	(continuation at end of line. very common. Earlier thread suggested
avoiding it's use as it is unnecessary.)

\qc
	(only in alt, chincvs, chincvt, chiun, dutsvv, gerelb1871,
gerlut1545, ylt and 6 beta modules)

\i ... \i0
	(only in chamarro, zhenglish, zhanzi and zhpinyin)

\b ... \b0
	(only in zhenglish, zhanzi and zhpinyin)

\cf6 ... \cf0
	(only in chamaro)

\uddddd? and \u-ddddd?
	(in chincvs, chincvt and the beta turntb)

\the
	(only in alt. Looks like a bug)

I also noted that the RTF construct of { ... } is not present, as the
{ and } are not present in any conf.

The wiki on the conf (http://www.crosswire.org/wiki/index.php/
DevTools:Modules) lists the fields that currently have RTF.

Are there any we should fix (e.g. \the), change/replace (e.g.
\uddddd) or eliminate (e.g. \b, \i)?

DM