[sword-devel] [bt-devel] Alpha/beta release schedule

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Wed Oct 3 10:59:13 MST 2007

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007, Troy A. Griffitts wrote:

> Hey guys.  I just wanted to give you a status report with SWORD's
> release in case it might help with your schedule.  We have most

Thanks for info. I will explain our situation here for those who do not
follow the BibleTime list or wiki.

We have been porting BibleTime to Qt/KDE 4. KDE 4 will be released in
December so we don't have to have an "official" release until then. Even
after KDE 4.0 release the desktop environment will probably not be
adopted as the only alternative into distributions because it will not
have all planned functionality and/or apps - it will be more complete
later, with KDE 4.1.

Anyways, we will concentrate on new features after we have done the
porting phase. I think the new Sword features have to wait until then.

If someone here wants to learn Qt/KDE or at least C++, css, html etc.
and has some free time (free time? here? hah!), welcome to code with us.
At least those who are interested could test the new version. We will
try to release the first alpha soon. It will have most of the features
which are now in 1.6.4.

I agree that supporting the latest modules in fontends is very
important, but I have hands full of other work with the port. I don't
know what Martin or other developers has to say about this but if it
depends only on me we will support Sword 1.5.10 a bit later. Again,
everyone is invited to help.

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland