[sword-devel] Messy rawtext file clean-up

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Tue May 29 01:06:08 MST 2007

On Mon, 28 May 2007, Gregory Kedrovsky wrote:
> I have nt and ot rawtext files made for my Spanish Bible, but they have what
> appears to me to be formatting character sequences throughout the text. For
> example:
>

>   {\i
>   \par

The whole nt is one line per verse or verse per line, vpl. There exists
vpl2mod program which should be able to convert that kind of text
into a module. I haven't used it and don't know any more about it.

\par is rft formatting, it's a newline (in poems etc.). {\i seems to be
quotation from Old Testament. If the quotation ends with the end of the
line then there is no }, otherwise there is }. It's not diffcult to find
out the meanings of these formatting characters, just look where they
are used - I did it in half a minute without knowing any Spanish.

The text encoding is iso-8859-1. Check that your editor uses it.

A module needs a configuration file, read
http://crosswire.org/wiki/index.php/DevTools:Modules

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland