[sword-devel] wxSword

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Fri May 18 16:05:50 MST 2007

Oddly... wxSword is also the name of the (rather simplistic) front-end
that I put together last summer.  It's nowhere near finished and I
haven't made updates yet because with the latest version of wxWidgets
I tried (2.8.1) the wxToolbar code which worked perfectly in 2.6.3
would no longer display my toolbar under Cocoa/Carbon (Mac...).  But
my client compiles and runs happily under Linux (using wxMozilla as a
dep), Macintosh (using wxWebKit from the built-in modules) and Windows
(using the rather gross-looking wxHTML renderer - but wxWebCore isn't
yet available cross-platform, I can't get wxActiveX to work at all,
and wxMozilla simply wouldn't compile for me, because it only
supported Mozilla 1.0.3 code the last time I tried a Windows compile).

All of the above are supposing that you have a Unicode build of
wxWidgets, otherwise my compile doesn't work marvelously.
http://www.sf.net/projects/wxsword would be a place to look if you
want to see my code.  The SVN repository there is the newest version
of what I have been working from.  Once I sort out with the wxWidgets
people my wxToolbar problem on Mac, I have (had?) full intentions of
returning to developing it, especially now that I have my MacBook
running OS X, Ubuntu and Vista.

I'd love to take a look at your code some day, and might get over
there sometime this weekend.  Cheers, and good luck!

--Greg