[sword-devel] module modtime -vs- CLucene index out-of-date-ness

Chris Little chrislit at crosswire.org
Tue May 1 20:20:18 MST 2007

There is no such mechanism, to my knowledge.

Should I start indexing all of our modules?

Pros:
- Users won't have to do their own indexing.
- Most users don't know about indexing at all, so they'll suddenly see
huge speed improvements and be able to access Lucene syntax searches.
- Updated modules will come with updated indexes.

Cons:
- Larger download size.
- Frontends without Lucene support get no improvement, just the bigger
d/l size. (Think handhelds.)

--Chris