[sword-devel] ANNOUNCEMENT: WYCLIFFE MODULES (DM Smith)

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Sat Mar 10 22:50:29 MST 2007

Jeremy,
Thanks for the great work you guys do over at Biola and for your
encouragement and offer to help with ideas.

Sean,
Yes, this would allow deuterocanonical books.

Greg,
Yes, you have the current plan correctly outlined.  Work has been
started.The goal is to take a module like LXXM:

http://crosswire.org/study/bookdisplay.jsp?mod=LXXM&gbsEntry=%2FPsSol%2F18%2F1#cv

which is currently imported as a SWORD General Book (General Books use a
TreeKey index, as you can see from the left navigation) and to make it
accessible via a new specialized VerseKey descendant (VerseKey is what
SWORD Bibles use).  The new TreeKey subclass will be implemented to
merely walk the existing TreeKey index of the General Book module format
to get it's data (books, chapter max, verse max, etc) and will position
the TreeKey to the appropriate node when it is positioned to, say, "John
3:16".

I started the work a really long time ago and think I merely got the
classes in place.  I can't remember actually.  I remember it was more
ugly than I thought.  Anyone is welcome to have a look and try to
understand where I was headed.  If you have questions, I'll try to answer.

I would also love to have this completed but just haven't had the time
or motivation to jump back in.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A few good places to start looking:

The new VerseTreeKey class:
http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/src/keys

The genbook driver (search for 'verse'):
http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/src/modules/genbook/rawgenbook/

The SWMgr class looks for a new property in a module's .conf file
(search for "KeyType"):
http://crosswire.org/svn/sword/trunk/src/mgr/

    -Troy.