[sword-devel] Creation of commentary using osis..

Pierre Marc Dumuid pierre.dumuid at adelaide.edu.au
Fri Feb 2 21:41:31 MST 2007

Thanks Karl,

In regards my commentary being the first OSIS commentary, I was
beginning to get that idea.. (and had grepped for OSIS in my mods.d
directory myself.)  But I did see that on the website it said that OSIS
is the preferred format... hence my choice.

 I couldn't immediately find your bugzilla, and I'm not so keen on
joining every mailing list for every sword client.. so please excuse me
for not joining that list.

Please note that at the moment, I am still in discussion on if and how
the modules from
http://www.newcreation.org.au/books/indexes/commentaries.htm are to be
released and am really just doing groundwork myself in investigating the
time requirements, and means of making such a module. (though I
personally desire the modules to be free, what eventuates is not my
decision...)  So even though the Ephesians module is complete and usable
for testing, the link is provided for testing only, and I am required
that I get permission before officially distributing it.

That matter aside:

I'm not sure but I'm getting the idea that sword doesn't store the
modules in it's own format. This seems REALLY strange, as it relies on
the client to provide the interpretation of the format and thus results
in differences between clients as has occured.  I initially thought that
OSIS was converted to a "SWORD" format, which had only one way of
representing reference, footnotes, etc.  (BTW: the footnotes don't work
either.)  But it seems that each format when converted to the "SWORD"
standard format (if one exists) maintains some of its specific
representation of data, (i.e. <reference> instead of <scripRef> ") which
to me seems REALLY bad...

Pierre