[sword-devel] SwordReader - Experimental Double Buffering added.]

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Fri Dec 14 08:30:43 MST 2007

Hi David .......

David Trotz wrote:
> This is related to the above. All I can ask is that maybe you try it
> on a real device,?
For the most part it's OK on my device.  It works seamlessly, and
doesn't give me time to find problems - that is, until I turn on the
morphs, strongs or footnotes in kjv.

Any of these take so long to load that I've plenty of time to mess
things up by clicking on things.  You can click on several URL's in the
time taken, and they show up after the screen is loaded - one after
another!  You've also plenty of time to click on the 'books' or 'verses'
buttons, which really messes things up. Personally, I think I'd prefer
the endless wait - or a message on screen that say 'this may take a few
seconds' (minutes even!).  I don't know what to suggest here, but I
think we'd be in for trouble with this build as is.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).

Replies - b.drake at ntlworld.com