[sword-devel] SwordReader .......

Barry Drake b.drake at ntlworld.com
Tue Dec 11 09:39:52 MST 2007

Hi David ........

David Trotz wrote:
> Lets just not put this up on any of the sites like Handango or
> PocketGear until we have a version we all agree is stable.
Oh, I agree with you there.  My main reason for putting it on the Sword
site at all is that the previous version (which was called ver.0.9) had
to be manually installed, and it took me hours to figure out how to do
this, as it had to have a sword.conf in the device memory in Program
Files/sword.  That path was hard coded into the original.  And the
supplied Sword.conf was wrong in its parameter 'augmentPath=' instead of
'AugmentDataPath=' so although it was supposed to find modules on an
expansion card, it wasn't doing so.  I think it would have caused a lot
more questions than the present build that's out there.  I'll alter the
web-page to reflect that it is a pre-release.
And, of course, I need the installer properly tested.  If you do find
testers, please ask feedback on this aspect.

Anyhow, at the rate we're going, I don't think it's going to be all that
long before we are all reasonably happy that we have a stable build to
offer.

God bless,
Barry

-- From Barry Drake (The Revd) minister of the Netherfield United Reformed church, Nottingham see http://www.jesusinnetherfield.org.uk for our church homepages).