[sword-devel] SwordReader ........

Daniel Owens dhowens at pmbx.net
Tue Dec 4 18:44:22 MST 2007

Barry,

I downloaded this latest build of SwordReader and tried it out. First of
all, well done on getting it up and running with the latest sword
engine. I'm excited to see someone reviving this project. The new engine
displays OSIS headings better, so that's a welcome development. Also,
the way you have set up the sword home director is easier to deal with
than the previous version, much more like BibleCS.

Here are the details of my PPC:
HP iPAQ hx2490b
Windows Mobile 5.0
Processor: ARM920T PXA27x

I agree that an installation solution is needed. It will make
SwordReader more accessible to average users.

It's great that footnotes are displaying something now. I assume you
know this, but on my device the footnote displays everything in the
note, including OSIS tags.

There are two issues that remain from the previous version that I hope
can receive attention at some point. First, when I run the program it
doesn't appear on the screen. I have to go to Running Programs and tap
on it for the program to appear. Alternatively I can click on the link a
second time and the program appears. It would be nice if it appeared
immediately. This was true for Windows Mobile 2003 as well.

The second issue is only cosmetic, namely that the icon for the
application doesn't appear in the shortcut. It's cosmetic, but the lack
of an icon gives an overall non-professional appearance.

Thanks again for your good work. I wish I knew how to help you with the
issues I brought up, but I figured feedback would be welcome.

Daniel