[sword-devel] Calvin's Commentaries - new module

Luke Plant L.Plant.98 at cantab.net
Tue Dec 4 16:11:46 MST 2007

On Friday 30 November 2007 14:18:11 Luke Plant wrote:
> On Friday 30 November 2007 04:38:13 Chris Little wrote:
> > Stripping extraneous whitespace before/after a line is correct
> > behavior. It should re-insert a newline after each line, also.
> > There might be some bugs in the render filters. I'll take a look at
> > the filters when I get some time, but in general we do want to
> > strip unnecessary characters.
>
> I've checked by running osis2mod without compression and examining
> its output, and this utility is definitely at fault.

I've done some more checking, trying to add whitespace at the *end* of
the line, and it still doesn't work -- you simply can't break a
sentence up over multiple lines without words getting merged.  If I
replace all newlines in the XML with spaces, then it is fine.

Luke

--
"My middle name is 'Organised'!  My first name is 'Poorly'."

Luke Plant || http://lukeplant.me.uk/