[sword-devel] Portuguese modules status

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA leandro.gfc.dutra at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 20:40:40 MST 2007

Em Sun, 29 Jul 2007 08:14:43 +0100, Ari Constancio escreveu:

> I see there's no current portuguese bible module available on Sword. I
> have searched previous posts about the issue
> (http://www.crosswire.org/pipermail/sword-devel/2006-November/024658.html
> is the relevant one for me, as a portuguese (pt_PT) contact to warrant
> a permission is mentioned).

	Indeed it seems permißions were granted, but I haven’t heard how is
work progreßing.

> I'd like to know if there is any advance on this

	So would I.

> (even with pt_BR translations).

	There was a recent permißion request to the SBTB (Sociedade Bíblica
Trinitariana) which as far as I know is still unanswered, as is another one on
the IBB (Imprensa Bíblica Brasileira) which I have to follow up on.  I just
got an up‐to‐date copy of the Tradução Brasileira, but I don’t know if we can
use it because SBB (Sociedade Bíblica Brasileira) claims copy rights on
orthographic updates on it!  Have to search an opinion from a lawyer on that.

	I finally got a very nice dSLR Olympus E‐510 camera I will test on my
old Tradução Brazileira even without the proper setup; perhaps that will
enable us to go thru OCR’ing it and putting it up in PGDP-EU (Project
Gutenberg Distributed Proofreaders Europe) for revision, or perhaps I will
have to continue searching for a book scanner, preferably a profeßional but
even a domestic one.

--
+55 (11) 2122 0302       http://br.geocities.com./lgcdutra/
+55 (11) 5685 2219          gTalk: xmpp:leandrod at jabber.org
+55 (11) 9406 7191            Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra
+55 (11) 5686 9607    ICQ/AIM: aim:GoIM?screenname=61287803
          MSN: msnim:chat?contact=leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm