[sword-devel] No, not new! Re: a MacSword review

Jan Knepper jan at knepper.net
Mon Apr 23 11:17:51 MST 2007

DJ Ortley wrote:
> So, what are people's opinions on:
> -wxWidgets?
Very familiar with it and am currently in the process of writing
wxSword... www.wxsword.com. (nothing out there yet, but I've got the
domain).
I have been wanting to do this for years but was never able due to time
constraints.
However, currently I work 4 days of 10 hours and have Friday's off, part
of which I have dedicated to develop wxSword. I have done some
development the last 3-4 Friday's and have been able to get the
following done:
1    An explorer-alike (tree on the left with book (Bibles),
Bible-Books, Chapters, verses and verse text on the right
2    Multi Bible view a way to view 1 or more Bibles in parallel (next
to each other).

I use:
-    sword library (of course!)
-    wxWidgets www.wxwidgets.org (2.8.x)
-    My own wrapper around wxWidgets to make life easier.
-    My own other generic code to make life easier.

At this moment I am *not* looking for other developers than can join me
in this effort. However, I am *very* willing to make snapshots of
wxSword.exe's ongoing development available via www.wxsword.com.

At this moment I am looking for people interested in using the product
and people that like to share their idea's with regards to how things
should work and what they like, do not like, etc, etc, etc. Basically
people that would like to help me "functionally design" wxSword.

Because of the sword/wxWidgets base I should be able to build the code
on platforms supported by sword and wxWidgets. I generally build in UNIX
and Windows.

God bless!
Jan

--