[sword-devel] Sword Help (Re: Searching)

Eeli Kaikkonen eekaikko at mail.student.oulu.fi
Tue Apr 3 00:40:22 MST 2007

On Mon, 2 Apr 2007, jhphx wrote:
> Also any thoughts on what changes to the help text anyone would want? Is
> there a good place to get average user input on the topic, if it is to
> be updated?

In general the information for Sword users is scattered around and in
some places not up to date. It needs restructuring. I mean, there are
BibleCS help, sword-support, sword-bugs, sword-feedback, forums,
developer wiki, www-pages, sourceforge pages... Some of them are rarely
used.

But back to BibleCS - I don't know if there are major defects.
Sword-support list gets some FAQ but they don't touch the BibleCS usage
directly. I don't have MSWindows open right now but I can read the
BibleCS docs later and see if I find anything.

BTW, I have thought that sword-support needs written FAQ. At least these
are important items:
- "Can you send me Bibles?"
	* explanation of the nature of Crosswire and polite answer that
	  we don't do such work. Possibly better than not answering at
	  all.
- "Why don't you have xyz module? Is it possible to get it?"
	* explanation how we get our modules. Situation of some
	  frequently asked modules (NASB, NIV, Portuguese...)
- General help for asking help :)
	* the very usual answer is "we need more information before we
	  can answer". Explanation of what we want.

Would wiki be the right place for end user FAQ?

  Yours,
	Eeli Kaikkonen (Mr.), Oulu, Finland