[sword-devel] PorAA

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm
Mon Apr 2 15:50:26 MST 2007

"Troy A. Griffitts" <scribe  crosswire.org> writes:

> 	My apologies for not doing this sooner.

        No problem.

> PorAA now be removed from the online web tools.

        Thank you very much!

> Another volunteer removed it for you a while back,

        Oh, I never heard about that.

> 	I'm not sure I understand the benefit of a separate list (sword-pt)
> for this effort.  Traffic here has been fairly sparse and I would like us
> all to stay informed as a community as to what is happening

        I mostly agree.  The issue for me isn’t traffic at all, but the fact
that quite some people have been writing to me in private, and for at least
some of them I think English may be a problem.  So I thought a separate,
Portuguese list might enable some more collaboration.

        Perhaps we should postpone this for when our efforts really ask for it
more clearly.

        Oh, why the Humanists had to kill Latin… ;-)

> Also, I wanted to ask if any of the new Wycliffe Bibles might be
> useful for the Portuguese speaking community.  Here is a list of the ones
> delivered to us thus far:
>
>   http://crosswire.org/wyclist.txt

        None of these seem to be neither Portuguese, nor any dialect of it,
nor any language spoken in the Lusofonia.  They seem to be mostly languages
spoken in Central America, former British Africa and perhaps at the Andes.

	While perhaps not directly related to what we have been trying to do,
I do think that Wycliffe Bibles for Brasilian indigenal languages (Tupi,
Guarani, Nheengatu, Quilombola, Lanc-Patuá, Maku, Yanomami and quite some
others) or for languages spoken in other parts of Lusofonia (Timor, Moçambique
&c.) would be very useful to many missionaries, so they may warrant our
attention even before Portuguese, if obtaining or scanning Portuguese texts
continues to prove elusive.  So please keep us posted when further Wycliffe
texts become available.

--
sip:leandrod  ekiga.net                    xmpp:leandrod  jabber.org
+55 (11) 5685 2219                   Yahoo!: ymsgr:sendIM?lgcdutra