[sword-devel] The SWORD Project for Windows 1.5.9 installers testing

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 29 17:07:21 MST 2006

On Sep 29, 2006, at 7:30 PM, Geoffrey W Hastings wrote:

> Why not have Crosswire already installed as a remote site.
> I would guess that the majority of windows users would not be able to
> figure this out.
>
> [New Remote Site]
> ftp.domain.org
> /pub/sword/raw/

Geoff,

This is a great question. The reason is stated in the disclaimer that
pops up when the user first installs modules: Don't use the web to
load the program if you are in a country that regularly monitors
internet activity and you might risk persecution for doing so. The
instructions, which most of us don't bother to read, give the values
needed to do the install.

So the little bit of pain we all go through to help our brethren in
those places is not too much to ask.

When you install from CD, the install establishes the original drive
of the CD as a download site.

Hope this answers your question.

In His Service,
	DM