[sword-devel] install manager seems badly braindamaged

Karl Kleinpaste karl at charcoal.com
Sun Oct 15 17:37:58 MST 2006

Terry just did some updates to bring back the module manager in GS,
which hadn't been functional in FCn for some time.  Trying it out, it
promptly toasted several modules that I decided to re-download
experimentally.  But it seems not to be GS' fault, because trying the
same thing from "installmgr" on the command line, I get the same
behavior.

Observe:

"installmgr -r crosswire" appears to work correctly, reporting on
stdout that it is cd'ing into Crosswire's pub/sword/raw, and then
retrieving mods.tar.gz.  Fine so far.

"installmgr -ri crosswire KJV" is insane:

Begins normally, then...
* Re-using existing connection! (#0) with host ftp.crosswire.org
* Connected to ftp.crosswire.org (64.140.154.250) port 21
> CWD /
< 250 Directory successfully changed.
> CWD pub
< 250 Directory successfully changed.
> CWD sword
< 250 Directory successfully changed.
> CWD raw
< 250 Directory successfully changed.
> CWD dead
< 250 Directory successfully changed.
[ pub/sword/raw/dead?!? ]
> TYPE I
< 200 Switching to Binary mode.
> SIZE dra.conf
< 213 272
> RETR dra.conf
< 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for dra.conf (272 bytes).
* Getting file with size: 272
* Remembering we are in dir pub/sword/raw///dead/
< 226 File send OK.
[ dra.conf? ]
> TYPE I
< 200 Switching to Binary mode.
> SIZE hitchcock.conf
< 213 938
> RETR hitchcock.conf
< 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for hitchcock.conf (938 bytes).
* Getting file with size: 938
* Remembering we are in dir pub/sword/raw///dead/
< 226 File send OK.
[ hitchcock.conf?  for a KJV download? ]
> TYPE I
< 200 Switching to Binary mode.
> SIZE kekchi.conf
< 213 282
> RETR kekchi.conf
< 150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for kekchi.conf (282 bytes).
* Getting file with size: 282
* Remembering we are in dir pub/sword/raw///dead/
< 226 File send OK.
[ kekchi.conf? ]

And so on, through almost 300 *.conf downloads.

And it doesn't get me a KJV module.

Help?