[sword-devel] Re: Re: Permission requested on PorAA

Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm
Wed May 31 16:35:48 MST 2006

On Wed, 31 May 2006 10:30:09 -0300, DArio Matos wrote:

> Actually, we would need to check the copyright law under force at that
> time (1917) to check the correct copyright status; this law was the Código
> Civil (Civil Law), law 3.071/1916. In its articles  649 to 673, Author's
> rights were granted protection for the author's lifespan plus sixty years.
> (from José de Oliveira Ascenção, Direito Autoral, pag. 4).

  	Great if it is as simple as that!

	Seems you have better information than me on this aspect.

	Some doubts:

	Doesn’t the fact that SBB sponsored the project changes
anything?  Or in other words, would the lifespan of mr William Cabell
BROWN the only thing we would have to check?

> For current law dispositions on Author's rights, check Brazillian Federal
> Law 9.610/98, Articles 40 to 45
> (https://www.planalto.gov.br/ccivil_03/Leis/L9610.htm).
>
> So, "Versão Brasileira" portuguese Bible is already in public domain;
> also, as it is already digitalized at Bíblia Online 3.0 Software; there is
> no problem taking it from there, once someone provides a proofread from a
> printed edition - so he can claim that his text is based on that printed,
> public domain edition.

  	The question is, do someone have it already?  I haven’t, and
it needs MS Windows, which I haven’t too.  So for me it would be
really difficult, as I would have to procure a machine, MS Windows and
the software itself.

    	I would propose putting it for proofreading at PGDP Europe.  I
would have to procure an additional copy of Tradução Brasileira, or
would someone else be able to do that?  Also, I will only be able to
start scanning once I do some major surgery on my old G3, as its disk
is dying.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA     +55 (11) 5685 2219
http://br.geocities.com./lgcdutra/        +55 (11) 9406 7191
mailto:leandro at dutra.fastmail.fm
xmpp:leandrod at jabber.org                              BRASIL