[sword-devel] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Offer help (portuguese module?)

Jónatas Ferreira jonatas at gmail.com
Wed May 31 04:50:00 MST 2006

Hi,

Em 2006/05/31, às 01:27, Leandro Guimarães Faria Corcete DUTRA escreveu:

> [...]
>
> 	But to sum it up: besides infringing IBB’s copy rights, if we
> put something else than Revisada to fill up PorAA’s omission, we would
> create an textual Frankenstein.

I agree, but only in part. I was only trying to help solve a problem
that I see no solution for it in the near future. And I'm sure I have
enough expertise to do the minor changes we'd need to do (even though
I'm not a scholar).

Anyway, I think we'll not get anywhere with this discussion. JUERP
will not answer sooner enough (although I think they will never ask
we remove PorAA for the same reason). My work, for now on, is to
start asking for permissions for other versions. ARC is a good start.
I have a module built and I have a hard copy of it with no copyright
statement (SBP's edition). This means I can read the whole thing in a
few months (does anyone want to help?) and make a few comparisons to
see if I can really put it as Public Domain (contacting SBP itself).
If all of these are correct, I'll make the module available to
someone at crosswire, so they can upload it on their website, if they
want.

Also, if you brazilians want, we can have booth portuguese ARC and
brazilian ARC. I can read both, anyway, as well as all the portuguese
I know, educated or not. I just like ours better than yours.

In the mean while, I'd like to take a look at the AVR module that you
created, Leandro. I can't find a working link in the list. This link
— http://dutra.fastmail.fm./pt-BR_JFA_Rev2.(osis|ubnd).bz2 — is a
dead end. As well as all the others I tried (except for one that
didn't had what I wanted...). Can you send me a working link?

Greetings,
Jónatas