[sword-devel] Re: New PorAA module for Sword

Jónatas Ferreira jonatas at gmail.com
Sun May 28 18:49:26 MST 2006

Hi Leandro,

I can only be thankful for your work with the corrected version you
assembled. But, as you recognize, there are some problems with the
copyright holder, and many people say that this text is not the same.
So, and even if I say you're right (and probably you are), We'll have
to stick with this version as the main one. I found the exact same
text in several websites, including biblegateway.com. This must mean
that someone initially did the work (probably in good faith and even
with the knowledge and authorization of the copyright holder). As for
JUERP, as you know, the original company went bankrupt some years
ago. They will not answer, probably because they don't even know if
they still can profit from that work. I'm running my contacts with
the Portuguese Bible Society to see if such copyright is still valid.
Unfortunately I've been unable to contact my friend because he has
always been away when I call him.

Anyway, I'll try to look for your message. When was that? 1, 2, 3
years ago?

Thanks for your effort. Thank you for not giving up with JUERP,
asking for permission. I, personally, appreciate that. God bless you.
For now I suggest that you don't make even more noise about this
subject on the list. I think everyone is quite enlightened about the
subject. You will never convince them about something that other
sources they have say it's untrue.

Greetings,
Jónatas Ferreira