[sword-devel] HowTo: create ztext module?

L.Allan-pbio paraclete at bibleinverse.org
Wed May 10 13:39:32 MST 2006

I've gotten a little further, but could use some more help.

I'm trying to create a NT compressed module based on the rawtext
Twenty Bible (smaller than a complete OT+NT Bible). The Twenty module
works ok with sword.exe 1.5.8 rc1. (WinXp SP2)

I created a file ztwenty.conf that has these contents:
[ztwenty]
DataPath=./modules/texts/ztext/ztwenty/
ModDrv=zText
CompressType=ZIP
BlockType=BOOK
SourceType=GBF
Lang=en
GlobalOptionFilter=GBFFootnotes

The contents of modules/texts/ztext/ztwenty is the rawtext ot, ot.vss,
nt, and nt.vss from the twenty module. Is that ok?

>From the directory where mod2zmod is installed, I've tried various
combinations of the command line (with and without the 4 2, and from
the directory modules\texts\ztext\ztwenty)

mod2zmod ztwenty modules\texts\ztext\ztwenty 4 2 > err.txt

And I get 32,000+ error messages of the form:
Skipping [Genesis 1:1] no entry in in Module.
thru
Skipping [Revelation of John 22:21] no entry in in Module.

When I run sword.exe, there is a tab for ztwenty, but no contents for
either the OT (expected) or NT.

Clearly, I am doing something wrong ... help appreciated.