[sword-devel] Creating Sword modules on a Mac

L.Allan-pbio paraclete at bibleinverse.org
Tue May 9 21:35:23 MST 2006

Jónatas Ferreira wrote:
> Can anyone help me? Is it possible to create a sword module in a Mac
> instead of Windows?

I'm not sure I understand your question, but my impression is that you
have a Mac as your development computer, but not a Windows computer.

The .cpp code is available from SVN for the tools you need to build
modules. I'm relatively new to generating modules, but this is my
impression of what is involved:

* for Bible texts and commentaries, I believe you need to build the
imp2vs executable from imp2vs.cpp (involves linking to the sword-api
library)

* for dictionaries, you build from imp2ld.cpp

* for general books, you build from imp2gbs.cpp

If you have the appropriate C++ compiler/linker and can build the
sword-api lib, then you should be able to build the executables
mentioned above. Perhaps someone with a Mac could make the appropriate
sword-api lib available?

Some time back, I started preparing a tutorial for creating modules.
If you think it would be useful, I can try to find it and let you look
at it.
http://www.crosswire.org/pipermail/sword-devel/2006-February/023301.html