[sword-devel] BCS-77: VerseRef input field loses focus if mouse doesn't stay within input field

L.Allan-pbio paraclete at bibleinverse.org
Sat May 6 07:10:48 MST 2006

Scenario:
Suppose I'm looking at Gen 1. In the VerseReference input field, it
shows Genesis 1:1. Ok so far.

Now I want to directly "GoTo" another verse, such as John 3:16. I
click in the input field, which selects/highlights Genesis 1:1. Still
ok if the mouse doesn't "drift" and I type "John 3:16".

However, if the mouse inadvertantly "drifts" out of the input field
and down into the main "Text Viewer", then the "focus" follows the
mouse into the "Text Viewer" (is this and rtf field?) and you are
unable to type into the VerseReference input field.

Instead, you are typing into the read-only "Text Viewer", so you only
get beeps to indicate something isn't working right.

Is there a way for BCB6 to not have the "focus" follow the mouse? It
serves no purpose since the "Text Viewer" where the verses are shown
is read-only. The "Rtf Text Viewer" seems to be the only "widget"
which captures the focus .... moving the mouse back to the input field
doesn't cause the focus to change from the "Rtf Text Viewer" back to
the input field. Is this X11 behavior?

Mice have become "slick" enough that they "drift" rather easily.

http://www.crosswire.org/bugs/browse/BCS-77 (minor)

before and after screen-shots attached to illustrate the problem.

BibleCS sword.exe 1.5.8 rc1 from June 9, 2005.

Note: not related to ESV testing.