[sword-devel] wxSword Client

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Mon May 1 13:11:09 MST 2006

Fellow developers,

I wrote into the list late last summer about starting a simplistic
wxWidgets-based sword client.  I started that project last summer and worked
diligently through the summer months and got the client working basically
under Linux.  However I kept running into problems getting the front-end to
compile under Windows.  Now, however, I can claim that the
wxSword<http://wxsword.sourceforge.net>client can now compile under
Linux as well as Windows in SVN.  The windows
front-end only has basic HTML support, since integrating wxWidgets and
Mozilla was quite cumbersome.  I'll be packing up a new source tarball and
probably the Windows executable within the next day or two to put up on
Sourceforge.  The executable integrates with a currently installed SWORD
Project under either Linux or Windows with only the definition of the
SWORD_PATH environment variable.  It would, though, be nice if
post-sword1.5.7a would compile under Cygwin/MinGW on Windows.

--Greg Hellings