[sword-devel] KJV2006 progress report

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Thu Mar 9 14:42:31 MST 2006

Hey Chris, I'm speaking entirely of linguistic declaration of paragraph
boundaries, not presentation.

I reassert that Mr. Lambeth does confirm my statement that Mat 9:1 is
meant to be part of the paragraph ending chapter 8.  You cannot do
otherwise without entirely ignoring my question to him-- or assert that
Mr. Lambeth entirely ignored my question to him.

To requote:

 >>> There is a <PM> (paragraph break mark) after verse 1 in chapter 9. I
 >>> would guess that this means that your editors disagreed with Jerome
 >>> and think the paragraph ending Chapter 8 continues into the first
 >>> verse of Chapter 9, which seems to me to be a fine conclusion. Can
 >>> you confirm that 9:1 belongs with the paragraph at the end of 8? (or
 >>> any similar case where the NASB does not feel that a new paragraph
 >>> begins at each chapter mark).

His positive response to my request for confirmation clearly and
explicitely indicates his agreement that not all chapters begin a
linquistic paragraph.

I agree that the concept of a paragraph requires a begin and end.  I
used milestones only because I can only confirm a paragraph _break_ (an
end followed by a beginning).  I cannot assert that every chapter begins
a linquistic paragraph, due to Mr. Lambeth's confirmation of such.  Thus
their markup is ambiguous in this matter and I can only point it out to
them and ask them to disambiguite their markup at some time in the
future.  Until then, I cannot ignore his very specific confirmation to
my presupposition that Chapter 9 does not begin a new paragraph.

	-Troy.