[sword-devel] OSIS:What is the future? Who is using it now?

Jonathon Blake jonathon.blake at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 19:35:46 MST 2006

On 3/5/06, Kahunapule Michael Johnson <kahunapule at mpj.cx> wrote:

> The future is hard to predict. Currently, OSIS (or rather a subset of OSIS) is used by The Sword Project as one option for Scripture text import.

There also is a utility program that converts OSIS input to e-Sword,
or Pocket e-Sword modules.

>  I think STEP may be in wider use than OSIS, but STEP seems to have a lack of a steering committee at the moment, and

Did you really mean STEP?   _Nobody_ is creating modules using STEP.

_CROSS_  might be in wider usage than OSIS.   [At least, none of the
commercial vendors brag about using OSIS.  They do brag about using
CROSS.]

xan

jonathon
--