[sword-devel] OSIS Greek New Testament

Joachim Ansorg nospam+sword-devel at joachim-ansorg.de
Sun Mar 5 06:45:22 MST 2006

Hi,

> I have a Greek New Testament, with accents, Strong's numbers and
> morphology, marked up in OSIS.  I have been having difficulty getting it
> into a module. I used xml2gbs, and the result was, oddly enough, a general
> book.
> It doesn't seem to fit with the Bibles.  Am I missing  something?

The program osis2mod creates a Bible module from an OSIS file.

> Is it possible to make an OSIS Bible into a module?  And  if so, how do I
> install it, before I can compact it?  Do I need to make a  different,
> interim, conf file or what?

osis2mod creates all necessary module files, you need a config file to tell
the Bible software programs what name you module has and where the data is.
Do you already know http://www.crosswire.org/sword/develop/swordmodule/ ?

Is you module just for your personal use or do you want to make it available
to the public if the copyrights allow this?

I hope I could help you,
Joachim
--
<>< Re: deemed