[sword-devel] BibleCS 1.5.8rc3

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 27 14:34:50 MST 2006

Troy,
    Looks good!

I think that the speed button with the "Lemma" tooltip is not obvious as
an equivalence to the Option -> Strong's Numbers.

When I first installed the app, the "Words of Christ in Red" was set to
off, but they came up in Red. I verified that this is a problem in
1.5.6. Once it is set, it is correct from that point forward. Probably
saved in options.conf.

I also took a look at KJV2006, comparing it to the current KJV to see if
the former is ready for release. (This is not a question of whether
1.5.8 is ready.)

There is a problem if there are more than one Strongs number. The first
one shows up correctly the second does not. See Gen 1.1 "created" for
both KJV and KJV2006. In the KJV it shows each number separately, the
KJV2006 corrupts the second.

Ditto for morphology, but I could not find an example in the current KJV.

Titles (aka Headings) still need some work. There are a few problems.
1) When showing the first chapter, the title of the book and the title
of the chapter are shown after the centered heading Chapter 1.
The book title should show before the centered heading "Chapter 1".
(Note, the KJV has as part of its text book and chapter titles.
Typically the chapter titles are Chapter 1. But for the Psalms they are
Psalm 1. Books with a single chapter don't have chapter titles.)
2) The subType="x-preverse" for the Psalm titles are not showing up
"preverse". (Note in the KJV, they are present twice. See Psalm 3 for an
example.) This may be due to changing subtype to subType in the module,
according to the OSIS spec.
3) In KJV2006 the Psalm titles are marked canonical="true" and should
not be turned off when "Headings" is off.

The last verse of the Pauline epistles contains a <div
type="colophon">...</div>. I think that a div should be preceded by a
blank line, or at least start on a new line. (See II Cor 16.24 for an
example) Perhaps add some other styling, e.g. italics.

The paragraph marker milestones are not being rendered.

There are some notes of type x-StrongsMarkup that should not appear.
(See II Cor 16.24 for an example) These are encoder notes. I can take
them out of the module, but keep them in the xml source.

<divineName>Lord</divineName> is not being rendered in small caps.

In His Service,
    DM